Friday, January 19, 2007

The calm before the storm Part III

Okay... now the suspense is KILLING ME. The greenlight for the sheetrock has been on for about a week now, but there is yet to be a single board installed. I know, I know... patience, Grasshopper... But "I want it all, and I want it now." (R.I.P. Freddie Mercury)

So what's the main hold-up? Well, it has mostly been a matter of getting the crew assembled. For the past few days I have only been able to get a couple of guys on site, who were mainly busy doing other finishing touches like installing the chimney pipe, the basement stairs and installing the interior doors.

"Interior doors at this stage of the game?" you say. Yes... I really, really do not want any kind of trim around the doors (or windows), so I am going to have the jambs/frames beaded into the drywall. Yes, I know that there is a good possibility that the doors are now susceptible to getting flung with mud, paint, etc. It's a bit more work, but it's definitely worth it in the end.

Anyway, speaking of the chimney... I think the raw chimney pipe adds a little sumpin-sumpin to the house... a bit of "je ne sais quoi," if you will. lol The galvanized steel is brutally industrial on one hand, but in the light of day, it shines like a piece of silver jewelry. It's raw but architectural at the same time. I have to admit I was originally a little bit skeptical about doing this... now all I can say is that Rapson was definitely onto something here.





NEXT... 'ROCKIN' DA HOUSE!!!!!!

No comments: