Saturday, January 6, 2007

So that's it?



After repeated attempts to contact the building inspector, I finally received a telephone call just after the first of the year. Rather than chastising him for leaving behind this cryptic, nonsensical comment on my failed framing inspection report (and I had every reason to), I took the high road. I played dumb. "Uh, Mr. Inspector-man, um, like, what is this all about?"

"Correction needed: 1 No T-4's, change t-4 @ 3" to Y or sweep @ double joist @ parallel partitions"


The answer: The "correction needed" was in fact two very different corrections. The first part about the t-4 referred to the plumbing. In a nutshell, the waste piping needed to converge into a Y-shaped connection rather than a T-shape. The second comment about the "double joist" refers to the doubling of floor joists underneath walls framed above that run parallel with the floor joists. Both of these are very simple things that could have been explained simply.

Anyway, since nobody left comments with the correct answer, I guess nobody wins the million-dollar jackpot. ;-)

No comments: