Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fumbling forwards...

As the old saying goes, if you keep your expectations low, you won't be disappointed. So the good news is... I'm not disappointed!! By the lack of progress, that is. Okay... I'm being dramatic. Actually a lot has happened "behind the scenes," as it were...

For one thing, the septic tank was installed, and the main water line was trenched and piped to the water main at the street. I'm all set for water... except it will take another three weeks for the Suffolk Water Authority to get around to tapping me in. Alas, my Port-a-Potty will not be going away anytime soon.

The stucco is nearly complete...


The lot is now nicely graded and the window wells are in (no more swimming pool in the basement, yea!)...


And I continue to order stuff left and right from the internet. This is my chimney cap. Pretty cool, eh?


Once I get through the holidays, the pace will hopefully start to pick up. As it is, insulation is slated to be done this weekend. And starting next week Jose the pimp, er, roofer has his crew starting on the odds and ends that my recently departed lead carpenter left behind. I hope to then get the framing/plumbing/insulation inspection done, although it is not likely to occur until the New Year. Still... this is all very exciting for me. I am this close to being 'ROCKED!


No comments: